Monday, June 04, 2007

See the Monkey in the Tree

My mother, JoJo to Kyle (MeMa to Jay, my nephew because although I researched names for grandmothers, none suited my mother and by the time Kyle started talking I gave in to JoJo of which my brother has not forgiven me)....anyway, keeps Kyle everyday....YES GOD BLESS HER!

Before Easter, all she wanted was a picture of Kyle among her azaleas in the front yard...aren't they gorgeous?!? But instead, in return for all of the diaper changes, Disney Playhouse programs, runny noses, peas & viennas, potty training, chasing him down off of her bed (you know...10 little monkeys jumping on the bed).........he decided he would rather climb the sweet gum trees than to provide her with just a little satisfaction as having a memento of her beloved grandson among her very large, beautiful azaleas.

Didn't think it was too much to ask? BUT she didn't ask Kyle that! And this is all she got!

Oh, well...maybe next year JoJo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame him. That's a pretty cool looking tree!!