Sunday, May 03, 2009

Dr. Threatt...the best there is!

When you find someone as wonderful as Dr. Threatt has been to Kyle and our family, you drive and hour to provide the best medical care for your son....and Dr. Threatt is the best! And to hear that she is not feeling well and they do not have an expected return date to her practice is very upsetting. Needless to say we are very upset and worried about her. We hope for her a very speedy recovery, because no one can replace her.

No one has gone to bat for our son they way she has. We were very lucky because a lot of parents of children with autism are not. Doctors don't want to listen to the parents, through Autism Speaks, parents and advocates have pushed this issue and doctors are beginning to listen to us. Parents may not be medical experts but they are experts on their children. Parents listen to your gut instincts and doctors listen to the parents. We all have to work together to find a cause and a cure for Autism.
In the mean time, we will drive the distance to see our favorite pediatrician. And we have her in our thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope to return ASAP. I've been in the ICU twice in the last 2 months. I have high blood pressure, a stomach bleed, migraines, arthritis, and problems with tremors and short term memory loss. It's not too bad, mmay be lupus. They just have to get my medications adjusted and I'll be back. Don't give up hope on me. I love you guys. Keep me inyour prayers!