Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Who's the child here?

As much as I love the fact that Gator wants to teach Kyle everything, some things have to be thought all the way through!!!

I ended up having to work late today due to a case regarding an adult an two children who may end up in DSS custody.
Anyway, Gator proceeded to call me several times about going to pick up Kyle, supper and lastly to say that he had emailed me these pictures. Now what do you think I was more concerned about at the time.........the safety of that adult and those two children!

The pictures are the big problem! I am so thankful that while Kyle may not yet be verbal, he is very mechanical and fast learner BUT he has a VERY GOOD MEMORY! Now, with my present job at DSS, I think of all the dangers in situations more than ever.
And what problem does learning how to fish off of our front porch cause???? Try heading to the water pond every time the front door opens. Try leaning in to get sticks or leaves out of the water pond every time the front door opens. Try trying to fish out the goldfish out of the water pond every time the front door opens. Try possibly leaning too far off the front porch trying to fish in the water pond every time the front door opens. Get the picture?!?

What shocks me even more is that when Gator called to tell my mother that Kyle was learning how to fish, is that my own mother did not think any of the above scenarios could be possible. My mother who I though I got all of the situational thinking from, thought it was cute. Let's hope that it stays just CUTE!

P.S. Mommy is very proud of you today despite the dangers that lurk around the corner of the house!

1 comment:

Liza said...

I know exactly what you are going through!!! My mom is very quick to attack anyone for not understanding an autism induced tantrum in a very public forum, however for Christmas she bought my boys pretend shaving kits so they can pretend with Daddy. I took them immediately and said thanks but no thanks. I could just picture David wanting to pretend and getting Daddy's razor instead! Or the mounds of shaving cream that David would be painting with! It took a lot of scrubbing to get the toothpaste off the walls during David's toothpaste Days. And who can forget the lipstick days and Vaseline days???