Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Calling the Easter Bunny.....

If you need help this weekend, just call us because we have your partner in crime...........the Energizer Monkey! This one keeps going and going and going....you get the picture. And for proof, I've included just a few photos of the Monkey in action last week at the park and then at home.

Now when you look at our Monkey, do you see MENTAL RETARDATION?!? I think not, but what do you do when you read all of this bad stuff about Fragile X Syndrome and Autism? I know Cuz I'm not suppose to be reading anymore until the genetics appointment tomorrow, but I've only read a little (haha).

He's smart, responsive (non-verbally of course), understands everything you say, and has more energy than our USA Olympic Athletes combined! He is quickly picking up sign language and knows how to work the DVD players and crank my car! Yes, I alerted another police officer (one that is kin to you Mama Patti) today of the possible 4 year grand theft in our household!

Now how could a mother in her right mind (no comments from any of the peanut galleries out there) let someone call her child mentally retarded when they know they are NOT! I'm done with the guilt and ready for a fight 'cause our Monkey is not and I will not allow him to be labeled that either.........so just try and stop me. And Lord be with the doctors and brace them for Hurricane Betsy 'cause she's on the war path!

Now I know that he has to overcome and catch up on a lot of developmental issues and we are dealing with each of them, but I refuse to believe that our beautiful, little tease, full of energy, loving, smart, non-verbal child will end up in a group home. If I have anything to do with it, and I will!, he will grow out of this and be a normal, fully functioning young man in no time!
Any objections............deal with it or Hurricane Betsy!

1 comment:

The Amazing Trips said...

You've got the right attitude on dealing with this challenge - - but - - you have to remember, this is no one's "fault". If you dare start to place blame on yourself - then those who had YOU may try and figure out who is at "fault" ... and so on and so on.

You are not given more than you can handle and God's Fingerprints are on everything. EVERYTHING.

I'm thinking of you - have an awesome Easter weekend!!!